Here is a super quick five minute craft that you can do with the children for any reason. We make them for birthdays and celebrations, but there is also other, outside the box, ways of using these quick and easy lanterns, for example, does your little one love Frozen? Are they are super hero fan? Perhaps you are having an explorer day around your house or garden? The possibilities are endless, much as they are with thIs activity.
What You Will Need
- Pencils/stickers etc
How To Do It
- Decorate a sheet of A4 paper, whoever you would like. (You can use any size paper you wish, the same process is used no matter the size).
- Fold the paper in half horizontally.
- Cut from the fold to about 1cm before the opposite edge, creating a fringe effect, each cut should be at least 1cm apart.
- Carefully open the paper and stick the two short edges together.
- Once securely stuck, the fold should be around the middle of your lantern. Gently push in each end and voila, one paper lantern.
- To add a handle, cut a strip of paper and glue each end inside the top of the lantern.
Don’t forget to share your lantern creations with us on our social media channels!