I am really excited to be joining in with Blog On MSI again this year. It is my third year attending this one day blogging conference organised by the lovely Laura over at Tired Mummy of Two. I am a bit strange in the way that I attend Blog On, not for the talks or for the learning, its for the social aspect and also to help Laura on the day and to run about sticking things here and there, finishing off the goodie bags and handing out the wine. If you are coming along to Blog On this year, I will be the one drinking tea and who is always in the brands area, guarding the goodie bags and handing them out at the end of the day. Come and say hello, I love to meet new people!
On with the questions!
- Share a recent picture of you
- If you had to describe yourself in three words…….
Smiley, Short and Sarcastic
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I began blogging around 14 years ago on Live Journal, and I kept it going for a long time, up until Nathan was a toddler. I then moved over to Tumblr for a while, but found it was just full of cats and memes, so joined blogger. That was 6 years ago when A Cupcake Mum was born. Last year I started A Mum Inspired, but sadly the site was hacked and I could not recover it all. *Sad Face* So I started again, from scratch in Feb 2016 with The Motherhood and I am trying things differently. The reason why I started blogging was because I always wanted to work in the media and be a member of the press. I started my own online magazine aged 14 called Moozik which I guess was the beginning of blogging, before it actually was blogging and was cool. I used to blag my way into all sorts of concerts and gigs in Edinburgh growing up and even had work experience with boyband 911.
- What was your favourite TV program as a child?
Top of the Pops, without a doubt.
- Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
I am an official small person
- What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
Chinese Mooncakes for the moon festival – they are strange!
- What was your biggest fashion faux pas?
Neon leggings with denim shorts over the top and a simpsons t-shirt, aged 10.
- What are you pet peeves?
People not replacing the loo roll when it runs out, empty boxes and containers being put back in the fridge, dealing with customer service call centres like BT, and running out of tea bags.
- Who would be your 3 perfect dinner party guests (dead or alive) and why?
Well, my parents have to be on there really. My Mum and Dad have both passed away and never really got to come round and have a proper meal with us in the house or see Nathan grow up. The other person would probably be Misha Collins aka Castiel from Supernatural – just because he is so random, there is a good chance he would actually turn up!
- If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would play the part of you?
I have no idea who would play me! My life story would be a tragic comedy with the moral of the story being “Stop being so nice and do not trust everyone”
- If you could live in any sitcom, which one would it be?
How I Met Your Mother, or Red Dwarf, I think I would make a good Hilly.
- Name a famous person you have met
Most recently Ed Stafford, he was lovely and we talked social media stuff.
- Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
Instagram because its lots of images of what I am up to and full of love.
- What picture do you have on lock screen on your phone / computer?
On my phone and laptop it is some multi coloured dots, very simple but it works for me.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I once blogged about this a few years ago when I did a post for Emu Boots – back then when I counted I had 37 pairs. Too many as I normally only wear trainers. Now, I have to admit I have had a huge clear out and thrown away a lot of stuff, now I have maybe 10 which I wear.
- What period of time from the past would you most like to have lived?
I am not a big history buff, I quite like living in the now.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Back to a teenage me and tell me not to be so daft!
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I do not believe in guilty pleasures, I think there should be no guilt unless you have done something really wrong and enjoying life is not wrong!
- What is your favourite tipple?
Port and Coke… yes I know, it sounds strange, but it works!
- If you had a magic lamp and a Genie, what would be your three wishes
To live a happy and healthy life with financial abundance. For Nathan to be able to follow his dreams and do what he wants to do in life. And finally, I would probably gift the last one to someone who needed it, because if I am happy and Nathan is too – what more do I need?
Are you attending Blog On this year on 1st May? If you are, join in with the Linky hosted by Chealsea Mamma and answer the questions too!