I am not famous in the slightest but I thought it would be fun to join in with the 73 questions when tagged by Carolin at Mummy Alarm. If you have not seen the YouTube series, it is where celebs show you round their house while answering a series of get to know you questions, think of first date questions and you will have the right sort of idea. It seems a good way for you to get to know more about me anyway and makes a nice change to thinking about Christmas!
So, here are my answers to Vogue’s 73 Questions.
1. What’s your favourite movie?
I have two, The Lost Boys with Corey Haim who I loved growing up, until he went all strange and started selling his teeth on eBay, and Labyrinth. Love that movie so much!
2. Favourite movie in the past five years?
I am a huge Marvel movie fan at the moment so my favourite ones are Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool.
3. Favourite Hitchcock film?
I can remember studying Hitchcock at school and everyone complained that the films were in black and white and boring. I thought they were amazing bits of work and I would have to think Psycho is my favourite, it is a classic.
4. A book you plan on reading?
I have so many books, I love books but if I start reading then I need to finish the book the same day as I get so engrossed in it. I am planning on reading Girl on the Train next, but I need a day off for that, a day of tea, cake and a book in front of the fire.
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Growing up I loved the Judy Blume books, they did help so much with going through puberty and being a teenager. I don’t think there are really many books like that out now which would have the same effect on teenagers, I mean, there is Twilight but that really does not teach great morals.
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on?
Supernatural, love a bit of Sam and Dean.
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
It is a good 8, if not 8.5. There is nothing major happening that I am looking forward to, but lots of little things which are giving me the warm and fuzzies which make me feel good. I am happy, Nathan is happy, we have all that we need and that’s all we can ask for really.
8. iPhone or Android?
Android, I don’t do Apple.
9. Twitter or Instagram?
Bit of a cheat but both? I use Instagram more but you IFTTT to post to all my other social channels so its sort of like the one stop hub.
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Well, if you are not following me, you should be! Also Nathan too. He has his own social media accounts which are great fun. Apart from that bit of self promotion, I am enjoying seeing Louise Pentland and her rebranding and moving away from the pretty Sprinkle of Glitter and onto some more hard hitting topics and real life stuff as that is what I did with my blog back in March.
11. What’s your favourite food?
Chinese. I love Char Sui Bau pork buns, or dumplings. They are just my ultimate comfort food and I could quite happily eat them every day.
12. Least favourite food?
Bananas, just no. Everything about them makes me ill.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
I love a good pizza but the best one I have had was at Pizza Hut (not sponsored) and its a California pizza with goats cheese and white sauce instead of tomato, with spinach, roasted peppers and king prawns, and a squeeze of lemon. Just amazing!
If not that, then it is chicken and sweetcorn pizza covered in mayo – yes I know, its wrong, but I like it, or cheese with fresh chopped tomatoes and black pepper.
14. Favourite drink?
At the moment its McDonald’s Iced Mocha.
15. Favourite dessert?
Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Both, and white chocolate too. In fact, all the chocolate!
17. Coffee or tea?
Both, though mostly tea. I have too many different types of tea!
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum?
Seeing children get upset about life and things they cannot control. I know its all part of growing up but it can break my heart when Nathan comes home from school and has had a bad day and gets upset telling me about it.
19. What’s your favourite band?
Fall Out Boy
20. Favourite solo artist?
21. Favourite song?
Alien Ant Farm – Attitude
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Inside wrist, I have it designed, its an ambigram of Nathan.
25. To be or not to be?
Always to be.
26. Dogs or cats?
Cats, I am a crazy cat lady after all.
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Bird watching. I have been whale and dolphin watching once before and I was very, very ill on the boat. I think I will stick to firmer ground, thanks!
28. Best gift you’ve ever received?
When I fell pregnant my Mum and Dad wanted to do something special for me and something that would help me out. They gave me a card for my birthday which had a cheque in it, which was wonderful, and wrapped up as a present was a calendar, and each month of the year there was another cheque dated for that month for me to make sure that I would be ok when I was on Maternity Leave.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given?
I love giving gifts and I do not like to keep them either, if I have it, it eats away at me until I can give it to someone! Nathan said that Juniper, the kitten he got for his birthday is the best present ever, but he also says that about his Xbox One so I am not sure!
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
I got my friend a chili plant recently, the chilies were that strong they gave him hiccups!
31. What’s your favourite board game?
Not big on board games, but I do like Cards Against Humanity if that counts?
32. What’s your favourite country to visit?
I love to travel and I have not seen all the world yet so I could not really tell you. I do love visiting new cities and places in the UK though, we have so much going on right on our doorstep!
33. What’s the last country you visited?
America, I went to New York in 2010 which was magical and I would love to go back.
34. What country do you wish to visit?
Everywhere, but I would love to see more of The States and Canada.
35. What’s your favourite colour?
36. Least favourite colour?
The colour of French mustard
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
Flats, always. I am short and just look silly in heels.
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
Swimming. I cannot and will not run.
41. Best way to de-stress?
Sleep or a hot tub and a glass of wine.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favourite flower?
45. When was the last time you cried?
A few weeks ago in the car.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
I always get compliments on my handwriting but it is not something I pay much attention to. Its just my scribble. But its who I am and it transpires well to my character I guess.
47. Do you bake?
I love to bake!
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself?
My height – I am an official small person.
50. Who do you miss most?
My parents, my Mum passed away 4 years ago and my Dad 6 years ago.
51. What are you listening to right now?
Traffic noise going by on the road outside.
52. Favourite smell?
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Aleks about his car as it is poorly
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
Steph from Ledigo PR
55. A sport you wish you could play?
I am not a big sporty person but if anything I wish I could ice skate properly.
56. Hair colour?
Redish? It was purple, it needs to be dyed again
57. Eye colour?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
Bring on the scary movies! Love scary movies and action movies over chick flicks any day!
59. Favourite season?
Autumn, the season for lots of fruit picking, conkers, hot chocolate, darker nights, warm fires and snuggly socks.
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
My parents as I would love to chat to them again, and Nathan so they could see how hes growing up!
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
Fall Out Boy… just to be pedantic!
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savoury?
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
Lipstick, the one I am using at the moment is called “All you want, Victoria”, I believe its quite fitting.
67. What book have you read again and again?
Time for Bed by David Badael.
68. Favourite bedtime story?
Enid Blyton stories
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
70. Favourite sound?
Rain on a glass roof, or waves.
71. Favourite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
73. Last photograph you took?
Thank you Carolin for the tag. I am going to leave it up to my readers if they would like to join in, if you do, please come back and leave a link below to your post as I would love to read your answers too!